|Residential Security – Keeping your street and community safe|
Every individual, family and community would like to feel safe and secure in their homes. So how are you able to keep your street, community and village safe from general crime, from home robberies and vandalism?
Increasingly, we see smaller communities and villages band together in dedication and commitment to tackling crime and disorder and to improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors. Everyone has a part to play in reducing criminal and anti-social behaviour. Many neighbourhoods work in partnership with a wide range of agencies ranging from the police, to city councils to private security agencies to ensure that the quality of life is safeguarded.
Although it is the job of the Police to fight crime, we can all help to bring crime down. Luckily most crime is still against property, not the person and many crimes are not carefully planned. Most are opportunist, which means they are committed on the spur of the moment. Maybe the crime is triggered by possessions left on display in a car, doorway, or a window to a house left open. You can reduce this risk by taking a few simple steps to secure your home and car. A neighbourhood free from the opportunity of crime soon becomes a community free of crime.
Simple steps you can take in order to diminish opportunistic crime
Lead Element Security Group can offer a few steps that could make a huge difference in keeping your home safe from burglary:
- Looking after your home: Make sure your front door is locked. Fit hinge bolts which stop someone pulling the door from its hinges. Fix a special steel strip into the door frame.
- Strangers: Be alert to people loitering in residential streets. If it is no-one you recognise, call the Police.
- Burglar alarms: Visible burglar alarms make burglars think twice.
- Porch Roof: A thief could reach first floor windows from this roof, so fit window locks.
- Gates and Fences: A high wall or fence at the back of a house can put off a burglar. Check for weak spots where a thief could get in. A thorny hedge along a boundary can also be a useful deterrent but make sure the front of the house is still visible to passers by, so that a burglar can’t work unseen.
- Small Windows: Even small windows, like casement windows, skylights, or bathroom fanlights, need locks. A thief can get in through any gap larger than a human head.
- Spare Keys: Never leave a spare key in a hiding place, like under a doormat, in a flowerpot, or inside a letterbox. A thief will look there first.
- Garages and Sheds: Never leave a garage or garden shed unlocked, especially if it has a connecting door to the house. Lock tools and ladders away so that a thief cannot use them to break in.
- Side passages: Stop a thief getting to the back of the house where he can work with less chance of being seen. Do this by fitting a bolt to a high gate across the passage.
Private security packages for communities and villages
Why not utilise that you live in a tight-knit community or village and band together to jointly employ a private security company?
At Lead Element Security Group, we actually recommend that villages unite when employing private security companies. That way you have the luxury of dividing the costs and are often able to employ private security officers in and around your village 24/7 and for a fraction of the cost you would be paying, if you were the sole recipient.
Providing the right form of residential security requires a thorough security assessment of the village, neighbourhood and house. At Lead Element Security Group we spend time understanding the security environment for each of our clients. We consider the general security environment of the residence, looking at the area as a whole and taking into account both current and historical trends in crime.
Today, alarm systems and CCTV are no longer enough to keep your home safe in London. A physical security presence is the number one deterrent for criminals. Lead Element Security provides SIA-licensed, uniformed Mobile Patrol Officers or static guarding in patrol vehicles to monitor your home or business. All our vehicles are equipped with CCTV and trackers capturing everything on our patrols. We provide random patrols at irregular hours, covering perimeters, access points and identified weak points.
Our Mobile Patrol Officers will conduct rapid response to alarm situations, conduct varied patrols of the exterior of homes, turning off non-essential lighting, checking and securing windows and doors, and resetting alarms if needed.
To find out more about how we can help keep your village or community safe with Mobile Patrol Units in combination with Physical Patrols, please contact us:
0845 548 0221
Lead Element Security Group is a London based security company. We are Veteran Owned Veteran Operated. This is more than a brand it is a truth that permeates us. Our deep roots in the British Armed Forces are reflected not only in the background of our Founders and managing partners but in every single one of our Security Officers.
This means we only employ Security Officers with training and experience from the British Armed Forces – people who have a high level of professionalism and discipline, people who we can personally vouch for.
0845 548 0221