It is becoming increasingly popular for rural areas and villages in the UK to employ private security companies in order to tackle anti-social behaviour, home robberies and vandalism.
Due to police cuts and overstretched resources, local police are often not in a position to respond to anti-social behaviour such as threats of violence, late night noise and loud music and often response time to burglaries is too long to present any deterrence or hindrance. Because of this, villages decide that banding together and employing a private security company is the solution for them.
Step 1: What YOU can do.
According to UK police, homes with no security measures in place are five times more likely to be burgled than those with simple security measures. Lead Element Security Group can offer a few steps that could make a huge difference in keeping your home safe from burglary:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures – a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immovable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Consider joining or forming a neighbourhood Watch group.
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
Step 2: What LEAD ELEMENT SECURITY can do.
Provided the right form of residential security requires a thorough security assessment of the neighbourhood and house.
At Lead Element Security Group we spend time understanding the security environment for each of our clients. We consider the general security environment of the residence, looking at the area as a whole and taking into account both current and historical trends in crime.
Every neighbourhood has specific strengths and vulnerabilities that need to be identified in order to determine the level of targeting it faces from criminal gangs. The proximity, prosperity and protection of your neighbour will also affect the security of your home. The close neighbourhoods surrounding the residence likewise should be evaluated, since crime can often spill over from other areas.
The layout of your street also plays a crucial role in security assessments. Streets with easy access to the neighbourhood from the outside could be attractive to criminals because they offer easy entry points and rapid escape routes after burglaries.
Criminals, looking to stake out houses undisturbed, often seek out residential areas with unkempt common spaces with overgrown trees and bushes, vacant lots or abandoned houses.
Lead Element Security Group will also evaluate the effectiveness and resources of local law enforcement and time for emergency response in the residential area. The police’s presence and likelihood of response, factors into the security considerations and needs for your home.
Step 3: What LEAD ELEMENT could offer.
Today, alarm systems and CCTV are no longer enough to keep your home safe in London. A physical security presence is the number one deterrent for criminals.
Lead Element Security provides SIA-licensed, uniformed Mobile Patrol Officers in patrol vehicles to monitor your home or business. All our vehicles are equipped with CCTV and trackers capturing everything on our patrols. We provide random patrols at irregular hours, covering perimeters, access points and identified weak points.
Our Mobile Patrol Officers will conduct rapid response to alarm situations, conduct varied patrols of the exterior of homes, turning off non-essential lighting, checking and securing windows and doors, and resetting alarms if needed.
To find out more about how we can help keep your village safe with Mobile Patrol Units in combination with Physical Patrols, please contact us:
0845 548 0221
Lead Element Security Group is a London based security company. We are Veteran Owned Veteran Operated. This is more than a brand it is a truth that permeates us. Our deep roots in the British Armed Forces are reflected not only in the background of our Founders and managing partners but in every single one of our Security Officers.
This means we only employ Security Officers with training and experience from the British Armed Forces – people who have a high level of professionalism and discipline, people who we can personally vouch for.
0845 548 0221