How To Keep Your Home Safe?
Summer holidays are approaching…
…which means it’s time for travelling with friends or family and it’s time for long Summer nights picnicking at the park or relaxing at the pub. Unfortunately it is also a time for break-ins.
Even though break-ins can happen at any time the highest percentage of break-ins occur during the Summer time while people are away on vacation or start leaving windows and doors open to enjoy the Summer weather.
Most criminals are opportunistic; they will look for weak points, watch and wait until the right moment before attempting a break-in. But there are a few easy precautions you can take to help keep your home safe:
- Always lock your windows and doors; even if you only leave your house briefly, are in your back yard, or inside your home.
- Never hide keys outside.
- Remember to change pass-codes on electronic locks and garage doors from time to time.
- Install security alarm, motion sensor lights, deadbolt locks and upgrade patio/sliding glass door locks.
- Trim shrubs and bushes to eliminate hiding spots.
- Don’t post your vacation plans on social media.
- Always change the locks when you move into a new home or if your keys are lost or stolen.
- Ask a neighbour to pick up your newspapers, pamphlets and anything else to avoid them building up in your absence signalling an empty home.
- Place security signs out front to signal that a private security company is protecting your home.
- Mobile patrol units patrolling your home and neighbourhood regularly will deter criminals.
Summer Holiday Security Packages
At Lead Element Security Group we offer specialised Summer Holiday Security Packages. We know that constant, full time security can be too costly for most families and as an alternative we recommend Mobile Patrol Units in combination with Physical Patrols. Mobile Patrol Units are highly effective when you need to create a visual deterrent and it is also a more affordable alternative to having onsite presence.
Lead Element Security provides a SIA-licensed, uniformed Mobile Patrol Officer in a patrol vehicle to visit your home or business. All our vehicles are equipped with CCTV and trackers capturing everything on our patrols. We provide random patrols at irregular hours, covering perimeters, access points and identified weak points.
Our Mobile Patrol Officer will conduct rapid response to alarm situations, conduct varied patrols of the exterior of homes, turning off non-essential lighting, checking and securing windows and doors, and resetting alarms if needed.
To find out more about how we can help keep your home or business safe with Mobile Patrol Units in combination with Physical Patrols, please contact us.